At Garcia Wealth Management Group we count ourselves lucky to work with the best customers and colleagues in the financial industry.
If you are interested in a career with a firm that:
- is dedicated to offering the best in customer service with a client first mentality;
- offers opportunities for learning and growth in the financial and retirement sector;
- has a family atmosphere that believes in working hard and having fun together; and
- is located in the heart of the historic financial district of Templeton Ca on the beautiful Central Coast of California;
Then please contact us regarding the positions listed below that we have available.
Retirement Plan Associate
Garcia Wealth Management Group is looking for a motivated and dynamic candidate with a growth mindset to fill our Retirement Plan Associate position. Ideal candidates will be interested in the field of finance, and demonstrate a sincere interest in retirement plan consulting, including a desire to learn the rigorous ERISA standards for qualified plans, and have a general understanding of financial markets, as well as a willingness to work closely with our retirement team, as well as participants, sponsors, and other vendors for retirement plans.
Garcia Wealth Management Group is a registered investment advisory firm located in the scenic town of Templeton on the central coast of California. Our firm is a leader in retirement plan advisory services and growing each year. We are looking for a candidate who wants to start their career in finance and learn from the best about how to provide top tier service and support for employer-sponsored retirement plans.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Establish trusting relationships with clients and plan sponsors and work hard to understand their needs
- Review task assignments for each client and work directly with team members to ensure follow-up and action items are completed within the specified time frame
- Assist both Advisory and Recordkeeping team in retirement plan conversions
- Utilize the software platforms established to assist in the management of retirement plans
- Schedule all client reviews and retirement plan education meetings
Help prepare for Retirement Committee meetings and Investment Reviews
- Support advisor in participant education meetings
- Respond to participant emails
- Assist with the rollover process, communicate with custodian and clients to assist participants in moving their retirement assets
- Manage, develop and maintain fiduciary files for qualified retirement plans.
- Maintain client reporting systems, including generating reports, ensuring the system is up to date and accurate.
- Support advisor with on-going monitoring of the plan(s) investment offerings
- Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Series 65, or a willingness to obtain the certification within 6 months of hire as a condition of continued employment
Skills and or Certifications Preferred:
- Hold a NAPA or ASPPA designation specializing in Qualified Plans.
- Bilingual in Spanish